5th March 2021
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Salary: £18,000 p.a.
Location: Home based
Youth First was formed from Lewisham’s Youth Service from September 2016, to sustain and grow youth provision for children and young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with special needs), Our core focus is on delivering exciting activities to young people in the borough of Lewisham; to provide an early intervention service to prevent escalation of young people’s needs; and support and mentor young people to achieve their full potential.
This is an exciting time for Youth First as we are transferring from being a community benefit society to a charity from April 2021 and are seeking to appoint an experienced Governance Clerk to provide effective and professional administrative support for our governance framework.
The role can be home based and hours are flexible to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, especially when dealing with people from all backgrounds, on the telephone or in person.
- Experience of servicing Board and committees
- Experience of compliance with a regulatory framework – ideally though not necessarily – the Charity Commission for England and Wales is essential.
- Ability and experience of producing accurate minutes at a high level
- Ability to type accurately – must have excellent word processing skills and be able to produce and format key documents to a high standard
- Ability to use ICT for all areas of work relating to this post including MS Office (Word; Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to proof read documents for accuracy and have attention to detail
- Understanding and awareness of Data protection and information governance.
- An awareness of and commitment to Equal Opportunities and Youth First ethos
What you can expect
- Youth First will give you the opportunity to advance your skills
- Flexible working
- Excellent pension package with Standard Life
- Occupational sick pay subject to service
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday per year plus bank holidays – pro rata for part time employees
- Committed management team giving continuous support
- High performance is recognised and rewarded
- Training courses in a variety of topics
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer loan scheme
- Employee Forums
- Employee Excellence Award
- Diverse workforce
- Staff socials
How to apply
Please view the job description and person specification below.
Applicants can complete the application form or submit a supporting statement (on no more 2 x A4 pages) outlining how you fulfil the shortlisting criteria, with evidence where applicable, provided in the Job Description/Person Specification and an up-to-date CV.
Please note that CVs without a supporting statement will not be considered.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
It is our policy to review all applications within two weeks from the closing date. If you do not hear from us within three weeks following the closing date, then your application has unfortunately not been successful on this occasion. We are unable to provide feedback to candidates who have not been shortlisted and attended an interview.
Download the relevant files :
|Governance Clerk - Job Description||107.5 KB|
|Application Form||37.26 KB|