Senior Youth, Play and Community Worker
2nd February 2020
Hours: 35 hours per week
DBS check: Enhanced DBS check
Location: London Borough of Lewisham
Do you have the drive and passion to support young people?
Do you want to help young people reach their full potential?
Then this is the job for you!
Youth First’s mission is to support and improve young people’s lives through positive activities; adventure play and the provision of safe spaces.
Youth First is the UK’s first employee and young person led organisation. Formed from Lewisham’s Youth Service to sustain and grow youth provision for children and young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with special needs), our core focus is on delivering exciting activities to young people in the borough of Lewisham; to provide an early intervention service to prevent escalation of young people’s needs; and support and mentor young people to achieve their full potential.
We now have fantastic roles available for Senior Youth Workers.
Contract: Up to August 2020 as a minimum, may be extended subject to funding
Youth First is inviting applications from dynamic, forwarding thinking Senior Youth, Play and Community workers to manage one of our sites in the Lewisham borough.
We are specifically seeking those who see youth and playwork as a vocation and who share our passion for supporting young people to become successful and resilient adults. This role is for those that understand the wide ranging challenges facing young people and can flexibly adjust their practice to actively and demonstrably meet these needs.
- Experience of managing direct front line youth work and delivering high quality services to young people with efficient and effective use of resources
- Experience of direct work with young people, their families in formal and informal settings e.g. one to one, group work, outreach and detached work
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work
- Strong commitment to young people and a thorough knowledge of the issues facing young people
- Excellent understanding of relevant safeguarding; early intervention; risk assessments and health and safety responsibilities
- Educated to Level 4 or above qualification in Youth and Community work (or equivalent in teaching or coaching) or substantial experience of working directly with young people
What you can expect
- Youth First will give you the opportunity to advance your skills and become a shareholder of Youth First
- Flexible working
- Excellent pension package with Standard Life
- Occupational sick pay subject to service
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Committed management team giving continuous support
- High performance is recognised and rewarded
- Training courses in a variety of topics
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer loan scheme
- Employee Forums
- Employee Excellence Award
- Diverse workforce
- Staff socials
How to apply
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, please send a covering letter and CV addressing the shortlisting criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application form at the bottom of this page.
Interviews will be week commencing: 24 February 2020
Closing date: Sunday, 2 February 2020
Download the relevant files :
|Recruitment_Guidance Notes_YF_6.1.20_GDPR-2.doc||1.42 MB|