Youth and Play Worker
11th October 2020
Location: Borough wide, Lewisham
Do you have the drive and passion to support young people?
Do you want to help young people reach their full potential?
Then this is the job for you!
Youth First’s mission is to support and improve young people’s lives through positive activities; adventure play and the provision of safe spaces.
Youth First is the UK’s first employee and young person led organisation. Formed from Lewisham’s Youth Service to sustain and grow youth provision for children and young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with special needs), our core focus is on delivering exciting activities to young people in the borough of Lewisham; to provide an early intervention service to prevent escalation of young people’s needs; and support and mentor young people to achieve their full potential.
We now have fantastic roles available for Youth & Play workers.
Salary: starting from £10.91 per hour, plus excellent benefits
Contract: Up to March 2021, as a minimum, may be extended subject to funding
Hours: 6 to 21 hours per week. Additional hours available during peak times such as school holidays
Times: Must be available between hours of 3-9pm – Monday to Fridays – some contracts may include Saturday working
Youth First are currently looking to recruit Youth Workers to deliver high quality and innovative range of youth and play services for young people aged 8-19 years old (up to 25 with SEN), at youth clubs, adventure play grounds or via outreach and street based work in the borough of Lewisham.
Your role will be essential to building the confidence of young people in developing their social development, providing a safe environment.
Previous experience of working with young people would be an advantage.
- Experience of supporting, delivering and evaluating high-quality sessions and activities for young people
- Strong commitment to young people and a thorough knowledge of the issues facing young people
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work
- Educated to NVQ Level 2 or above qualification in Youth or Community work (or equivalent) in a similar field or substantial experience.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working directly with young people.
- Awareness of safeguarding; health and safety and data protection practices
- Must be able to commit to flexible working hours as and when necessary
- Able to use MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
What you can expect
- Youth First will give you the opportunity to advance your skills and become a shareholder of Youth First
- Flexible working
- Excellent pension package with Standard Life
- Occupational sick pay subject to service
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday per year plus bank holidays – pro rata for part time employees
- Committed management team giving continuous support
- High performance is recognised and rewarded
- Training courses in a variety of topics
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer loan scheme
- Employee Forums
- Employee Excellence Award
- Diverse workforce
- Staff socials
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and CV addressing the shortlisting criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application form below.
Interviews will be week commencing: 2 November, 2020
Closing date: Sunday, 11 October, 2020
Job Description & Application Files
Download the relevant files :
|Youth & Play Worker - Job Description||180.5 KB|
|Application Form||34.88 KB|
|Recruitment Guidance Notes||1.43 MB|