Youth & Play Team Leader
Do you have the drive and passion to support young people?
Do you want to help young people reach their full potential?
Then this is the job for you!
Youth First was born from the passion of youth and play workers to create a means to sustain and ideally grow youth work for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND), first in Lewisham and now beyond.
Youth First’s mission is to support and improve young people’s lives through positive activities; adventure play and the provision of safe spaces.
We now have fantastic roles available for Youth & Play workers to deliver high quality and an innovative range of youth and play services for young people from a variety of settings including youth clubs, adventure playgrounds or via outreach and street based work.
Employer: Youth First
Closing on: Sunday, 19th June, 2022. 11:59pm
Hours: Various contracts available Tuesday to Saturday, between the hours of 3pm to 9.30pm and Saturdays
Contract: Part-time, fixed term, temporary cover and casual contracts available
Salary: Starting from £13.15 per hour, plus excellent benefits
About the role
Your role will be to support and deliver appropriate face to face activities for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND) from a variety of settings including youth centres; adventure playgrounds; outreach or street based.
Your role will be essential to building the confidence of young people in developing their social development, safeguarding and early intervention to prevent escalation of young people’s needs.
Previous experience of working with young people would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work
- Experience of supporting, delivering and evaluating high quality sessions and activities for young people from a variety of settings including youth centres; adventure playgrounds; street based and outreach
- Experience of working with a wide range of young people, including those who may be experiencing difficulties in their lives, and of addressing equal opportunities issues in a non-formal learning environment.
- Strong commitment to young people and a thorough knowledge of the issues facing young people
- Must be able to work flexible hours within the requested contracted hours and fitting to the needs of the service. This includes evening (3pm to 9.30pm) and possible weekend working.
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 or above qualification in Youth or Community work (or equivalent) in similar field or substantial experience.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of working directly with young people.
- Awareness of safeguarding; health and safety and data protection practices
- Minimum level of health and fitness as this post may involve regular physical activity in all weather conditions
- Must be able to commit to flexible working hours as and when necessary
- Able to use MS Office and competent in Maths and English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
What you can expect
- Youth First will give you the opportunity to advance your skills and become a shareholder of Youth First
- Flexible working
- Excellent pension package with Standard Life
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees)
- Committed management team giving continuous support
- High performance is recognised and rewarded
- Training courses in a variety of topics
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer loan scheme
- Employee Forum
- Employee Excellence Award
- Diverse workforce
- Staff socials
How to apply
Please complete the application form on the Youth First website or send a covering letter and CV addressing the shortlisting criteria to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Sunday, 19th June, 2022
Interviews will take place on various dates throughout April, May and June.
|Application Form||35.18 KB|
|Youth & Play Team Leader - JDPS.docx||122.93 KB|