Film Group Volunteer Coordinator
Location: TNG Youth & Community Centre
Commitment: Minimum 3 months commitment
Volunteer Hours: Fridays 1pm – 4pm (term time only)
Who are we looking for?
TNG Film Club for elders are looking for a happy and reliable person who can offer support for three hours every Friday from 1.00pm – 4.00pm. We meet in the TNG Community Centre based in Sydenham that has been serving the community as a community venue to different groups for the last 5 years.
You would help to provide a welcoming space to elders from the local area. This is an informal film group that has met for at least four years. It always welcomes new members.
This is a very well established group and many of the members are the original members. It is a warm and supportive environment. Teas, coffees and biscuits create a welcoming atmosphere for all.
Tasks & activities involved
The task involved are as follows;
- Having discussions with the group regarding relevant movies they will like to see on the programme.
- Create the film groups programme for the term.
- Have the capacity to do some outreach in the local community.
- Make tea and coffee for members of the group before the showing.
- Set up the room for the film group – this will involve setting up laptop and projector and putting out chairs.
- Putting equipment away at the end of film showing.
Skills & experience needed
- Good communication and people skills will be vital for this role as you will be required to communicate with members of the group.
- Patience will also be essential as there is a possibility to have members who may need extra time to enter screening space/room.
- Overall skills required will be; people person, good listening skills, time management and basic typing skills.
Training & Support offered
- Full Induction & training will be provided for all volunteers before undertaking the role.
- Volunteer will be line managed/supervised by TNG’s receptionist who has experience with the duties of the film group coordinator.
- Travelling expenses will be provided based on provision of receipts.
- This role will be subject to a DBS completed by Youth First as the role will involve engagement with vulnerable adults.
Benefits of this volunteer role
This role will provide the opportunity of acquiring:
- new skills,
- update your CV,
- improving self-confidence,
- meeting new people
- helping to make an effective difference in the community and being part of a diverse and vibrant community.
For role specific related questions please contact Cheryl Richards.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07489 269627
Selection Process: Please send expression of interest to the email address above and successful candidate will be called in for an informal interview.
Apply for this role >