Food Fridays Assistant
Location: Woodpecker Youth Club
Commitment: Minimum 3 months commitment
Volunteer Hours: Fridays 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Who are we looking for?
Our Woodpecker Youth Club is looking for applicants who are able to assist in what is known as “Food Fridays.” Every Friday the Youth Cub opens its doors to its members and provides them with a hot meal alongside their normal session activities. As a “Food Friday” assistant your primary role would be to cook the food provided by Youth First for 25-30 young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with additional needs)
Although this role will be based at one of our Youth Club sites, the necessary level of engagement with its members is minimal.
Tasks & activities involved
Your role will involve;
- Preparing and cooking food for the members
- Serving food to members
Skills & experience needed
We would especially welcome those with knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- youth work/adventure play.
All applicants must:
- Hold a current qualification in CIEH Foundation Food Safety (formerly Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering)
- Some experience of cooking for up to 30 people & understanding (or be willing to learn) about food allergies, intolerances & preferences
Training & Support offered
As a volunteer for Youth First, you will be:
- Supported throughout your placement, through the use of our volunteer support approaches
- Assigned a volunteer buddy which means you will have a committed and responsible member of staff to support you through your entire voluntary placement.
- Invited to training workshops organised by Youth First
- Allocated a volunteer location dependant on your skills and interests, matched with the needs of our sites
Opportunity to sign up to be a “Friends of” Youth First and be the first to receive exclusive opportunities
Benefits of this volunteer role
- Provide a very welcomed hot meal for children and young people within the community
- Gain first-hand experience of youth and play work
- Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of children, young people and their families.
- Develop and gain new knowledge and skills
- Progression monitored and recorded through the use of scheduled reviews and reflections.
- Reference available after completing minimum volunteer commitment
- Travel and lunch* expenses reimbursed with proof of receipt and within Youth First expenses policy
*lunch reimbursed when volunteering 6 or more hours a day
Due to the nature of the role, applicants will be subject to DBS and reference clearance
This role is for an immediate start.
For further information about this role please contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call on 020 8314 9543/ 07498269627
Apply for this role >