Language Support Co-ordinator
Location: Designated Youth First site
Commitment: A minimum of 1 session a week for a minimum of 3 months
Volunteer Hours: 1 session will be a minimum of 1hr30mins
Sessions will be agreed and allocated within the days and times below:
Monday - Friday: Between 15:00 – 21:00
Saturday: Between 11:00 – 18:00
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals to provide an opportunity for our members to improve their confidence, understanding and ability in German, French or Spanish, in particular GCSE exam preparation. You will have the skills required to develop and introduce Language workshops during Youth Club or Adventure Playground sessions. You will be fully supported by the staff team.
Tasks & activities involved
As a Language Support Co-ordinator, your role will involve
- Working face to face with children and young people at our sites
- Helping young people to complete their language of study homework on a 1-1 and or group basis
- Developing and delivering Language GCSE support workshops
Should you also wish to Volunteer as a Youth and Play Worker, your task and activities will increase.
- To comply with Youth First Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Build a professional positive rapport with children and young people to enhance your delivery and engagement whilst volunteering
- To adhere to material outlined within the volunteer agreement
- To make the most of your volunteer opportunity, taking accountability for your own personal development by utilising development and support avenues available for you.
- Safeguarding and promoting equality and diversity
Should you also wish to Volunteer as a Youth and Play Worker, your responsibilities will increase.
Skills & experience needed
We would especially welcome those with knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Youth work/adventure play.
- Youth mentoring
- GCSE grade C or above in Spanish, German and French or equivalent
- Teaching or tutoring
- The national curriculum
Benefits of this volunteer role
- Gain first-hand experience of working within a youth organisation
- Opportunity to improve academic performance in children and young people
- Develop and gain new knowledge and skills
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed with proof of receipt and within Youth First expenses policy
- Progression monitored and recorded through the use of scheduled reviews and reflections.
- Reference available after completing minimum volunteer commitment
Please note, this role is subject to reference and DBS checks. If you are volunteering as a student, we only take 2nd and 3rd year students.
Apply for this role >