Volunteer Film Group Assistant
Location: TNG Youth & Community Centre
Commitment: Minimum 3 months commitment
Volunteer Hours: Fridays 12:00pm – 3:00pm (term time only)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a happy and reliable person who can offer support for three hours every Friday from 12.00pm – 3.00pm. (term-time only)
You would be helping to provide a welcoming space for memebers of the TNG Film Club for elders,. The Film Group members are all from the local community who have been meeting for over 4 years to socialise and watch a movie, in a warm and supportive environemnt.
Tasks & activities involved
The task involved are as follows;
- Having discussions with the group regarding relevant movies they will like to see on the programme.
- Support creating the film groups programme.
- Have the capacity to do some outreach in the local community.
- Make tea and coffee for members of the group before the showing.
- Set up the room for the film group – this will involve setting up laptop and projector and putting out chairs.
- Putting equipment away at the end of film showing.
Skills & experience needed
- Good communication and people skills will be vital for this role as you will be required to communicate with members of the group.
- Patience will also be essential as there is a possibility to have members who may need extra time to enter screening space/room.
- Overall skills required will be; people person, good listening skills, time management and basic typing skills.
Training & Support offered
- An Induction will provided for all volunteers before undertaking the role.
- Travelling expenses will be reimbursed in keeping with youth first expenses procedure.
- This role will be subject to a DBS completed by Youth First as the role will involve engagement with vulnerable adults.
Benefits of this volunteer role
This role will provide the opportunity of acquiring:
- new skills,
- update your CV,
- improving self-confidence,
- meeting new people
- helping to make an effective difference in the community and being part of a diverse and vibrant community.
Apply for this role >