Volunteer Maths/English Homework Support Assistant
Location: Designated Youth First Site
Commitment: A minimum of 1 session a week for a minimum of 3 months
Volunteer Hours: 1 session will be a minimum of 1hr30mins
Sessions will be agreed and allocated within the days and times below:
Monday - Friday: Between 15:00 – 21:00
Saturday: Between 11:00 – 18:00
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals to provide an opportunity for our members to improve their confidence, understanding and ability in Maths and or English.
Tasks & activities involved
As a Maths and English Homework Support Assistant, your role will involve
- Working face to face with children and young people at our sites
- Helping young people to complete their Maths or English homework on a 1-1 and or group basis
- Developing Maths/English support workshops
Should you also wish to Volunteer as a Youth and Play Worker, your task and activities will increase.
- To comply with Youth First Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Build a professional positive rapport with children and young people to enhance your delivery and engagement whilst volunteering
- To adhere to material outlined within the volunteer agreement
- To make the most of your volunteer opportunity, taking accountability for your own personal development by utilising development and support avenues available for you.
- Safeguarding and promoting equality and diversity
Should you also wish to Volunteer as a Youth and Play Worker, your responsibilities will increase.
Skills & experience needed
We would especially welcome those with knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Youth work/adventure play.
- Youth mentoring
- GCSE Maths/English or above
- Teaching or tutoring
- The national curriculum
Benefits of this volunteer role
- Gain first-hand experience of working within a youth organisation
- Opportunity to improve academic performance in children and young people
- Develop and gain new knowledge and skills
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed with proof of receipt and within Youth First expenses policy
- Progression monitored and recorded through the use of scheduled reviews and reflections.
- Reference available after completing minimum volunteer commitment
Please note, this role is subject to reference and DBS checks. If you are volunteering as a student, we only take 2nd and 3rd year students.
*Expenses reimbursed under Youth First terms and conditions
Apply for this role >