Volunteer Youth and Play Worker
Location: Designated Youth First site
Commitment: A minimum of 1 session a week for a minimum of 3 months
Volunteer Hours: Various 3-6 hour weekly sessions available
Monday - Friday: Between 15:00 – 21:00
Saturday: Between 11:00 – 18:00
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who share our passion for helping young people to become successful and resilient adults and applicants who have the time and skills to further our mission.
Tasks & activities involved
As a Volunteer Youth and Play Worker, you will work face to face with children and young people at 1 of our 10 sites across Lewisham borough. You will assist in the development and delivery of services and activities, for children and young people aged 8 -19 and up to 25 with additional needs, that are fun, vibrant, high quality and support their learning and life skills.
You can do this by delivering,
homework support, music tuition, teaching a language, cooking skills, mentoring, cv writting , or creative writing just to mention a few.
Bring a positive attitude and participate in the delivery of provision provided for children and young people
To participate in brief and debrief sessions and help with the set up and packing up of equipment
- To comply with Youth First Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Safeguard and promote equality and diversity
- Build a professional positive rapport with children and young people to enhance your delivery and engagement whilst volunteering
- To adhere to material outlined within the volunteer agreement
- To make the most of your volunteer opportunity, taking accountability for your own personal development by utilising development and support avenues available for you.
Skills & experience needed
We would especially welcome those with a background in:
- Youth work/adventure play.
- Youth mentoring
- Qualifications and training in specialised areas, in order to deliver workshops for children and young people
Benefits of this volunteer role
Gain first-hand experience of youth and play work
Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of children, young people and their families
- 1-1 Personal development
- In house training opportunities
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed*
- References provided after our minimum of 3 months commitment is completed
Please note, this role is subject to reference and DBS checks. If you are volunteering as a student, we only take 2nd and 3rd year students.
*Expenses reimbursed under Youth First terms and conditions
Apply for this role >