Volunteer Youth Support Worker
Location: Designated Youth First site
Commitment: A minimum of 1 session a week for a minimum of 3 months
Volunteer Hours: Various 3-6 hour weekly sessions available
Monday - Friday: 15:00 – 21:00
Saturday: 11:00 – 18:00
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who share our passion for helping young people to become successful and resilient adults and applicants who have the time and skills to further our mission.
Tasks & activities involved
As a support youth worker you will assist in the development and delivery of services and activities, for children and young people aged 8 -19 up to 24 with additional needs, that are fun, vibrant, high quality and support their learning and life skills.
Your role will involve:
- Working face to face with children and young people who use our services.
- Developing and assisting in the delivery of fun and informative activities and session
- Safeguarding and promoting equality and diversity
Bring a positive attitude and participate in the delivery of provision provided for children and young people
To participate in brief and debrief sessions and help with the set up and packing up of equipment
- To comply with Youth First Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Build a professional positive rapport with children and young people to enhance your delivery and engagement whilst volunteering
- To adhere to material outlined within the volunteer agreement
- To make the most of your volunteer opportunity, taking accountability for your own personal development by utilising development and support avenues available for you.
Skills & experience needed
We would especially welcome those with knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- youth work/adventure play.
- Youth mentoring
- Qualifications and training in specialised areas, in order to lead children and young people workshops and activities
Benefits of this volunteer role
Gain first-hand experience of youth and play work
Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of children, young people and their families.
- Opportunity to organise and lead on the delivery of workshops and activities for children and young people.
- Develop and gain new skills
*Please note, if you are volunteering as a student, we only take 2nd and 3rd year students and all Youth and Play Worker roles will be subject to DBS and refrence checks
Apply for this role >