The purpose of the Universal Safety Schools Project (USSP) is to engage young people and students in a Personal, Social, Health and Economic (PSHE) curriculum. This includes offering strong early intervention that's supported by experts from Youth First and Compass.
The delivery of the scheme consist of six sessions which reflect on four core themes. They are:
- Substance misuse
- Sex and releationships
- Emotional health and wellbeing
- Knife crime and safety (online and offline)
These topics enable young people and students to be well informed and develop life skills which enable them to:
- make informed choices
- develop their critical thinking
- improve communication skills
- learn debating skills and resilience
The scheme also ensures young people are aware of issues, and importantly, how to avoid negative outcomes and instead achieve positive ones, including where to go for more information and support.
Delivery Structure Options
We have three options for delivery to cater for the different needs of schools and organisations:
- Option One: Block Sessions (Whole Day)
- Option Two: Drop Down Day (PSHE Day) *recommended for schools*
- Option Three: Delivery over five days, one hour session per day (to different groups).
For further information please contact our co-ordinator Perrie Chambers on email@example.com