A youth director is a young person who plays an active role within a structure of an organisation.
At Youth First you will be a board member and attend meetings that will include making decisions on behalf of the company. You will collect Young People’s views and ensure they are heard in the meeting.
As a Youth Director you will be required to
- Champion service users’ voice, take a leadership role and contribute to the board on behalf of service users.
- Be punctual.
- Be an informed decision maker.
- Work as part of a team.
- Bring new ideas, new ways of doing things including how best to use technology and social media to achieve the company aims.
- Comply with the rules of Youth First.
- Help increase the income of the company and support networking opportunities.
- Bring renewed energy – assisting others to look for new and innovative ideas.
- Contribute to the strategic decision making process.
- Develop an understanding about youth provision in Lewisham and specifically provision provided by Youth First.
- Attend quarterly board meetings.
- Be available to visit youth provision as and when required by the board.
- Maintain close liaison with the elected young mayor’s team and other officials as guided by the board members.