Youth Play & Community Manager
Youth & Play Community Manager (Street Based Team)
Do you have the drive and passion to support young people? Do you want to help young people reach their full potential?
Then this is the job for you!
Youth First was born from the passion of youth and play workers to create a means to sustain and ideally grow youth work for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND), first in Lewisham and now beyond.
Youth First’s mission is to support and improve young people’s lives through positive activities; adventure play and the provision of safe spaces.
We now have a fantastic role available for a talented Youth, Play & Community Manager to deliver high quality and an innovative range of youth and play services for young people on our street based team.
Youth, Play & Community Manager
Salary: £31,254 to £33,617 (pro rata for part time hours)
Hours: 24 hours per week Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (18hrs to be worked between 14:30 and 20:30)
Contract: Fixed term, up to 2 years
To deliver Youth First’s operational plan including the planning and delivery of universal youth activities, targeted youth projects, maximisation of site usage, income generation, and partnership working and youth and community outreach.
With a core focus on delivering activities to young people aged 8 to 19 (up to 25 with SEN) in order to support their social development, safeguarding and early intervention in order to prevent escalation of young people’s needs.
- Demonstrate measurable outcomes for participants as judged against Youth First’s outcome framework.
- Ensure best value for money and use of resources including available staffing and volunteers.
- To manage and supervise employees as required to fulfil YF delivery requirements
- Your role will be to support and deliver appropriate face to face activities for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND) from a variety of settings including youth centres; adventure playgrounds; outreach or street based.
- Your role will be essential to building the confidence of young people in developing their social development, safeguarding and early intervention to prevent escalation of young people’s needs.
- Previous experience of working with young people would be an advantage.
Essential Requirements Include (Please refer to Job Description for further information)
- Experience of effective delivery of projects and initiatives for young people.
- Experience of managing direct front line youth work and delivering high quality services to young people with efficient and effective use of resources
- Experience of designing, and applying effective youth work strategies
- Experience of managing staff and volunteers
- Professional qualification in Youth and Community Work at NVQ 4 (minimum) or relevant equivalent degree level and/ or substantial experience with the expectation of working towards a recognised qualification within a year.
- Excellent understanding of relevant safeguarding, early intervention, risk assessment and Health & Safety responsibilities
- Working knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work
What you can expect
- Youth First will give you the opportunity to advance your skills and become a shareholder of Youth First
- Flexible working
- Excellent pension package with Standard Life
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday per year plus bank holidays – pro rata for part time employees
- Committed management team giving continuous support
- High performance is recognised and rewarded
- Training courses in a variety of topics
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer loan scheme
- Employee Excellence Award
- Diverse workforce
- Staff socials
How to apply
If you have the skills and experience required for this role, please visit www.youthfirst.org.uk for further details about the post. Please send a covering letter and CV addressing the shortlisting criteria to email@example.com or complete the application form on the Youth First website.
Closing date: Midnight 10 July 2022
Shortlisting will take place during the duration of this advert, apply early to avoid disappointment!
|Youth Play & Community Manager - JDPS.docx||126.12 KB|
|Application Form||35.18 KB|