Safer Internet Day 2018 was celebrated globally on Tuesday 6th February 2018 with the slogan “Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you”.
As a young person it's important to be SMART online:
- SAFE - You must always keep safe whilst using the internet,
- MEET – Don’t ever meet up with anyone you don’t know!
- ACCEPT - Accepting friend requests from – Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, What’s App, Online games can be very dangerous! Think before you accept!
- REAL – is the person behnd the screen REAL?
- TELL - You must always TELL a responsible adult – example, Mum, Dad, Career, Teacher, Youth Worker if something is wrong.
Digital Empathy (14-18 year olds)
Take a minute (11-14 year olds)
How I feel online (7-11 year olds)
For more information visit the Internet Safety Advice Centre