Volunteer with Youth First
Our most frequently available opportunities are our Volunteer Youth & Play Worker roles. The role of a Youth Worker at Youth First may involve:
- Developing and leading in the delivery of fun and educational activities for children and young people
- Building positive professional relationships with children, young people and parents
- Being a positive and committed contribution to existing staff teams
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment for all who attend our provision
- Assisting in supporting staff during our walking bus service to escort children from school to our Youth First sites
- Being a positive representation of Youth First whilst engaging and encouraging young people to attend our sites during outreach sessions within the Lewisham borough
- Contributing by providing children and young people with a fun and stimulating environment, providing valuable life lessons and promoting positive personal development.
The role is likely to differ according to the opportunity, so refer to the role description of the correct position.
How does Youth First support and develop its volunteers?
From the initial application process to the moment our Youth Workers complete their voluntary placement, Youth First has produced a structure to guarantee equal benefits for both the service and the volunteer, ensuring our Youth Workers’ development goals are supported and encouraged.
- Being assigned a volunteer buddy means Youth Workers will have a committed and responsible member of staff to support them through their entire volunteer placement.
- Allocated reflection and review sessions provide a space for them and their volunteer buddy, supervisor and or the Volunteer Co-ordinator to identify and support areas of development.
- The Youth Worker will be placed at a site with a team supporting them to develop new skills and interests, alongside the opportunity to creatively demonstrate existing skills and interests.
- The role of a Youth Worker will be based on their placement plan which they will be supported to produce with their supervisor or the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- Youth Workers will be invited to training workshops organised by Youth First
- They will be encouraged to work reflectively
- Reference available after completing minimum volunteer commitment
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed with proof of receipt and within the Youth First expenses policy
Interested in volunteering?
Get in touch with Olivia...
Youth Participation & Engagement Officer
Mobile: 07875 094 551