Venue Hire Coordinator
Youth First has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Venue Hire Coordinator based in the borough of Lewisham.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to generate income for Youth First through the development and implementation of our Venue Hire system.
Working within the Business Support Team reporting to the Business Support Manager, Venue Hire Coordinator will be responsible for the booking of regular and one-off hires of multiple community venues across Lewisham.
|Closing on:||Sunday 29 May - Midnight|
|Working Pattern:||17.5 hours. Permanent|
|Salary:||£24,717 - £25,614 (pro rata)|
|Location:||Bellingham Gateway Youth Centre, 185 Brookehowse Rd, SE6 3TT
with ability for remote working when suitable.
The ideal candidate will manage all aspects of the venue hire from capacity and availability to ensuring excellent customer service. Someone who is very hands on, takes pride in our venues and get stuck in whenever necessary. Detail orientated, highly organised and great at thinking on their feet.
This is an exciting opportunity for an organised and creative individual who is confident and capable in taking the lead.
You will be supported by the Business Support Manager and the Deputy CEO. As we are a small team, a team-player attitude is a must, as well as a positive and can-do approach.
If you have excellent customer services and management skills, a natural ability to liaise with stakeholders, and determination to succeed, we would like to hear from you.
About Youth First
Youth First’s mission is to support and improve young people’s lives through positive activities; adventure play and the provision of safe spaces.
Youth First was born from the passion of youth and play workers to create a means to sustain and ideally grow youth work for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND), first in Lewisham and now beyond.
- Providing information about the availability of venues, quotes, and carrying out site visits
- Help to develop a solid rental systems and procedures while keeping a updated system with venue bookings and budget with all recorded income and expenditure
- Carrying out regular and inspections of all venues, to check they are operating correctly and to carry out relevant checks on cleaning, maintenance or health and safety
- Completing bi-annual inventory checks of equipment, furniture, fixtures and fittings in all buildings
- Keeping up with income targets set by the Business Support Manager, and Deputy CEO
- Ensuring all event paperwork per hire is complete and compliant with the requirements of the Servicer Level Agreement
- Contacting clients to agree their furniture/equipment requirements and advising them of the layout appropriate to the function booked
- Ensuring all staff are fully briefed on the rental systems
- Attending events to ensure the sites are looked after
- Reporting any venue maintenance requests
Please note this position is subject to an enhanced DBS check
What you can expect
- Youth First will give you the opportunity to advance your skills
- Flexible working
- Excellent pension package with Standard Life
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees)
- Committed management team giving continuous support
- High performance is recognised and rewarded
- Training courses in a variety of topics
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer loan scheme
- Employee Forum
- Employee Excellence Award
- Diverse workforce
- Staff socials
How to apply
Please complete the application form on the Youth First website or send a covering letter and CV addressing the shortlisting criteria to email@example.com.
Interviews will be week commencing: 6th June 2022
Closing date: Midnight 29th May 2022
|Venue Hire Coordinator, Job description & person specification||17.18 KB|
|Youth First Application form||35.18 KB|