Virtual Maths and English Coordinator
Location: Online Provision
Type: Virtual Offer Volunteer
Commitment: A minimum of 1 month
- Zoom session: If you are volunteering by designing and leading Zoom sessions, it is expected that each session will last between 45minutes-1hour, sessions are expected to take place once a week Monday-Friday between 12:00-18:00
- Video content: If you are volunteering by providing us with videos that can be uploaded to our website and instagram, Volunteer hours will be assessed on an individual basis, taking into consideration required video planning and production time
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals to provide an opportunity for our members to improve their confidence, understanding and ability in Maths and or English. You will have the skills required to develop and introduce Maths and or English workshops or videos to be conducted through Zoom and social media platforms.
Tasks & activities involved
- Developing and leading Maths and/or English Zoom sessions for members whilst supervised by a Youth First member of staff
- Producing English and or Maths, “how to” videos to be uploaded to the Youth First Instagram and Website for example, a short video clip explaining what square numbers are and how to work out maths equations which incorporate square numbers.
- To comply with Youth First Code of Conduct and Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Build a professional positive rapport with children and young people to enhance your delivery and engagement whilst volunteering (where applicable)
- To adhere to material outlined within the volunteer agreement
- To make the most of your volunteer opportunity, taking accountability for your own personal development by utilising development and support avenues available for you.
- Safeguarding and promoting equality and diversity
Skills & experience needed
We would especially welcome those with skills and experience in areas such as:
- Safeguarding children and young people
- Youth work/adventure play.
- Youth mentoring
- Qualification GCSE grade C or above in Maths and or English
- Teaching or tutoring
- The National Curriculum
- Zoom and social media platforms
Benefits of this volunteer role
- Gain first-hand experience of working within Lewisham biggest youth organisation
- Opportunity to improve academic performance in children and young people
- Develop and gain new knowledge and skills
- Progression monitored and recorded using scheduled reviews and reflections.
- Reference available after completing minimum volunteer commitment
- Possibility to continue the role on a face to face basis should current working conditions, in keeping with Covid-19 guidelines, permit site-based session to re-open.
This role is subject to reference and DBS checks, applicants must be aged 18 and above.
Due to changes of current Covid-19 restrictions, DBS document verification and inductions may be carried out electronically
As this is a new addition to our virtual offer and with it rolling out in the summer holidays, participationa and engamnet levels by our members are unkown.
Apply for this role >