Our most frequently available opportunities are our Volunteer Youth & Play Worker roles. As a volunteer Youth Worker for Youth First, your role may involve:
Developing and leading in the delivery of fun and educational activities for children and young people
Building positive professional relationships with children, young people and parents
Being a positive and committed contribution to existing staff teams
Providing a safe and welcoming environment for all who attend our provision
Assisting in supporting staff during our walking bus service to escort children from school to our Youth First sites
Being a positive representation of Youth First whilst engaging and encouraging young people to attend our sites during outreach sessions within the Lewisham borough
Contributing by providing children and young people with a fun and stimulating environment, providing valuable life lessons and promoting positive personal development.
If you are volunteering for another opportunity, your role is likely to be different, please refer to the role description assigned to the position you are applying for.
How does Youth First support and develop its volunteers?
From the initial application process to the moment you complete your voluntary placement, Youth First have produced a structure to guarantee equal benefits for both the service and the volunteer, ensuring your development goals are supported and encouraged.
- Being assigned a volunteer buddy means you will have a committed and responsible member of staff to support you through your entire volunteer placement.
- Allocated reflection and review sessions provide a space for you and your volunteer buddy, supervisor and or the Volunteer Co-ordinator to identify and support areas of development.
- You will be placed at a site with a team supporting you to develop new skills and interests, alongside the opportunity to creatively demonstrate existing skills and interests.
- Your role whilst volunteering with Youth First will be based on your placement plan which you will be supported to produce with your supervisor or the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- You will be invited to training workshops organised by Youth First
- You will be encouraged to work reflectively
Reference available after completing minimum volunteer commitment
Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed with proof of receipt and within the Youth First expenses policy