Community and Events Fundraising Officer
Employer: Youth First
Closing on: Tuesday, 4 January, 2022, 9am
Working Pattern: Part-time (14 hrs per week);
Salary: £28,000 per annum (pro rata)
Location: Bellingham Gateway Youth Centre, 185 Brookehowse Rd., SE6 3TT and Remote Working
About the role
We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to generate income for Youth First through the development and implementation of a Community and Events Fundraising strategy. This will involve reviewing, managing, and delivering the current events and community fundraising programme, safeguarding existing income streams and building sustainable growth through events and community fundraising.
We are embarking on a period of growth and this post will be a core part of it. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and skilled Community and Events fundraiser who is confident and capable in taking the lead on this key strand of our fundraising stream.
You will be supported by the Deputy CEO. You will also be managing delivery and daily running of the charity’s CRM database.
The ideal candidate will bring experience of successfully building events fundraising streams through different challenge and bespoke events as well developing meaningful relationships with community organisations, schools and faith organisations. They will be results-orientated, managing our events portfolio and developing our income through community fundraising.
They will build excellent working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders as they pull together details of life-changing programmes and projects that we are seeking funding for in order to help the young people make informed choices in their lives. As we are a small team, a team-player attitude is a must, as well as a positive and can-do approach.
If you have excellent communication and event management skills, a natural ability to liaise with stakeholders, and determination to succeed, we would like to hear from you.
About Youth First
Youth First’s mission is to support and improve young people’s lives through positive activities; adventure play and the provision of safe spaces.
Youth First was born from the passion of youth and play workers to create a means to sustain and ideally grow youth work for young people aged 8-19 (up to 25 with SEND), first in Lewisham and now beyond.
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a community and events fundraiser
- Track record in managing mass participation events and community partnerships
- Strong volunteer management skills
- Knowledge in developing and enhancing donor stewardship content and planning
- Experience in developing marketing plans to promote events and community programmes
- Ability to work accurately and to a high standard while managing multiple deadlines as part of a team or alone
- Experience in managing comms and social media channels.
- Collaborate and build effective working relationships, both internally and externally, with a diverse range of people
- Willing to suggest, be creative and adaptable to new ideas
- Enthusiastic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
- Understanding of fundraising/knowledge of fundraising practice and standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships internally and externally, to network and engage local audiences.
- Skilled communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to interpret and analyse numerical and statistical data
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Experience of using a CRM database for managing supporters and generating relevant reports
- Proficient use of IT in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Please note this position is subject to an enhanced DBS check
What you can expect
- Youth First will give you the opportunity to advance your skills
- Flexible working
- Excellent pension package with Standard Life
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees)
- Committed management team giving continuous support
- High performance is recognised and rewarded
- Training courses in a variety of topics
- Cycle to work scheme
- Computer loan scheme
- Employee Forum
- Employee Excellence Award
- Diverse workforce
- Staff socials
How to apply
Please complete the application form on the Youth First website or send a covering letter and CV addressing the shortlisting criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be week commencing: Monday 17 January 2022
|YouthFirst_Application_Form_9 2 21.docx||35.18 KB|
|Community and Events Fundraiser JD 24.6.21.docx||48.21 KB|